Our Family Pictures
Why I Hate Beasties
- I Hate Noids
stand there staring at you, wanting to lay their eggs in you. (The
caverns have changed, so this scene can no longer be witnessed by
- I Really Hate Noids
- Our brick vanished, a backswarm appeared, and disaster struck
- I Could Do Without All The Attention
- Orga Petulants don't need to stand guard around me, honest.
- I Hate Mice
- They stand there staring at you, wanting to nibble on your toes.
- And I'm Not Fond of Wild Cats, Either
- One can only take so much affection before it becomes overwhelming. Twenty-five cats is about twenty-four cats too many.
- I Didn't Order This Many Wendies
- Not only do these pack animals swarm you, they have very bad breath.
- Why Healers Don't Go for A Loaf of Bread Alone
- Even the most civilized of areas can become a deathtrap for the unwary.
The amazing thing is, Llerendel didn't get munched after taking this shot.
- And Don't Go Back For Milk, Either
not as dangerous as a Death Vermine or Myrm invasion, the Giant Purple
Slug infestation left treacherous footing in the town walkways for
days. Also note the inaction of the Emperor's Sentinel during this
- The Darshaks Are Not Our Friends
- They are constantly probing up the river to the east of Puddleby
Stalking the Wild Beastie
- Take a Number
- Notelrac lining up some crocs to the slaughter.
- Playing Pied Piper
- Notelrac leads a mess of undines away from some healers.
- Stalking the Elusive Wood
- Wood is one of the most elusive monsters ever hunted for. It is
usually found in the forest east of Puddleby. Be careful while harvesting it.
- Danger at the Mirror
- To stay or to go, that is the question.
- Eyeballing a Desert Cat
- Swift, sure, powerful -- the Desert Cat is one of the most dangerous of all beasties.
- Aren't You a Bit Far From Home?
- Either a new tree-climbing species, or awandering far afield.
- Kids, Don't Try This at Home
- Four failed rescue attempts had left 20 down in Cold and Snowy.
Here's the rescue party that finally cleared out the place.
- Love a Brick
- Bricks are your friend. Bricks will save you when the monsters swarm.
Share with your brick. Keep it amused, lest it depart or time out.
- Mr. Popularity
- Notelrac must have worn the wrong aftershave, or something...
- An Unwelcome Travelling Companion
- Coming across this frenzied fellow during a short outing is most perturbing.
- Two are Better than One
- Distracting the two guardians of South Pass
- Building a Better Tommorrow
- Llerendel contributes to the building fund for Amarathea's future school.
- The Obnoxious Farmer
- Source of an endless torrent of abusive language.
- Sightseeing in Middle Pass
- Llerendel and her buddies pose around the giant Well. A luminescent sign
at the bottom reads Under Construction -- Come Back Later.
- Sightseeing in the Desert Camp
- Llerendel catches a few rays amidst the colorful tents. Alas, there is nothing inside any of them.
- Sightseeing in Orga Camp
- The beds are lousy, but the food is terrific. Rage Burgers with a side
order of Furies, all covered with a delightful Death Vermine garnish. Also, a group portrait with the group that cleaned the place up.
- Sightseeing in the Tanglewood Meadow
to find in a maze of twisty turning woods that look all alike,
Llerendel enjoys a brief moment of peaceful silence amidst the bright
- Sightseeing in the Swamp
- Notelrac enjoys a moment of rest in one of the few dry spots in the muddy part of the island.
- One and Two Noid Webs
- Once the Arachnoid Caverns are cleared, you can examine the extensive finery and needlepoint in the farther cave branches.
- The West and East and South Meangerie Cages
- Only the few, the proud, the scared witless are invited into the Centaur's showpiece.
- Bones of the Great Ones?
- Llerendel examines the remains of a great beast.
- A Floating Rock?
- Pebbles near South Beach suddenly decide to levitate.
- MidSummer the FireDrake
- SHE is lost, and he grieves, he grieves so. Please help to find HER.
- Flame the Forest Drake
- Flame and MidSummer don't appear to get along with each other. Both are drawn to the great skeleton northeast of Puddleby.
- Beacon of the Ancients
- The Ranger can fight with one hand and heal with another. His whims become natural laws.
- Gaia of the Ancients
- When She appears, the normal rules of monster spawning are suspended.
- Sunstone the Spirit Master
- Inexorable, unstoppable, unkillable...
- Orga Hatred
- Leads the orgas into battle
- Orga Hero
- Leads the defence of the Orga Camp. Unless we stop attacking the Camp, he will attack Puddleby.
- The 'Noid Sentinel
- A cryptic watcher at the entrance to the Arachnoid Caves.
They Can Be Killed
- Forest Giant
- Their quick regeneration make them nigh unkillable unless you know the secret.
- They jump so fast that nabbing a spriggin was ususally an accident. Spriggins are now unkillable.
- Forest Drake
- A lesser brother of the Great Ones.
inpenetrable skin makes these stone warriors invulnerable to all but
the most puissant of warriors. Anyone know what 10% of 50% of one of
these is worth?
<-- Back Home